NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void in QC and where prohibited. Open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 19 years of age or older and have applied to participate in the Tackle Impossible Road Safety Challenge in Toronto, Canada from 1/29/16 – 1/31/16. Submission Period begins 12:00 a.m. EST on 1/4/16; ends 11:59 p.m. EST on 1/24/16. Promotion Period begins 6:00 p.m. EST on 1/29/16; ends 7:00 p.m. EST on 1/31/16. One (1) Grand Prize of up to CAD$69,963 value; one (1) Second Prize of CAD$2,500 value; one (1) Third Prize of CAD$1,000 value. Odds are dependent on quality and number of eligible entries received. For complete Official Rules and eligibility, visit TackleImpossible.ca. Sponsor: Labatt Brewing Company Limited.
THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN CANADA ONLY (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED ACCORDING TO CANADIAN LAW. VOID IN QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
BUDWEISER TACKLE IMPOSSIBLE ROAD SAFETY CHALLENGE – TORONTO – OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
2. ELIGIBLITY: The Tackle Impossible Road Safety Challenge (“Promotion”) is open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 19 years of age or older and have applied to participate in the Tackle Impossible Road Safety Challenge in Toronto, Canada from January 29, 2016 – January 31, 2016 (the “Event”) (the “Applicants”). Employees and the immediate families of employees of Labatt Brewing Company Limited (“Sponsor”), its affiliates and subsidiaries, employees and the immediate families of their distribution companies, applicable liquor authorities, liquor licencees, prize suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies, retail licensees, Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., Anomaly, BeMyApp Corporation, BrainStation Inc., and VaynerMedia (“Sponsor and its agencies”) are ineligible. The liquor authorities are not connected with this Promotion in any manner whatsoever and are not liable in any way whatsoever in regard to any matter which relates to this Promotion. By participating in this Promotion, Participants agree to be bound by the Official Rules (“Official Rules”) at TackleImpossible.ca. If you are an employee of a corporation, government agency, or an academic institution, you are responsible for ensuring that your participation in the Event complies with any policies your corporation, agency, or institution may have regarding participation in promotions of this type. If Sponsor and its agencies have reason to believe that you violate any of those policies, Sponsor and its agencies reserve the right to prohibit you from participating in the Event or receiving a prize at any time. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for any disputes arising between you and your employer.
By applying for the Event, you agree to comply with the Official Rules. Sponsor and its agencies reserve the right to assess Participants’ eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules at any point during the Event. If Sponsor and its agencies require any assistance in order to assess your compliance, you must promptly provide that assistance. If you do not provide the requested assistance, or if Sponsor and its agencies have reason to believe that you are not complying with the Official Rules, you may be disqualified, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
3. SUBMISSION & PROMOTION PERIOD: Registration for the Event begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on January 4, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. EST on January 24, 2016 (“Submission Period”). Entry for Participants (as defined below) begins at 6:00:00 p.m. EST on January 29, 2016 and ends at 2:30:00 p.m. EST on January 31, 2016 (“Entry Submission Period”). The Event begins at 6:00:00 p.m. EST on January 29, 2016 and ends at 7:00:00 p.m. EST on January 31, 2016 (“Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s designated official judging organization’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
4. HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE EVENT/JUDGING TO DETERMINE ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS: You must submit an application which must be approved in order for you to attend the Event. During the Submission Period, visit TackleImpossible.ca and complete all required fields of the registration form, including name, email address, date of birth, skill set (i.e., visual designer, developer, UI/UX specialist, creative thinker, etc.), and explain why you would be a great teammate in 100 words or less and why you want to get involved to help promote designated driving in 100 words or less (“Application”) to apply to attend the Event.
At the conclusion of the Submission Period (on or about January 25, 2016), all Applications will be evaluated by representatives of Sponsor and BrainStation Inc. (“Application Panel”) based on (but not limited to) the following criteria (“Application Criteria”): (a) skill set, (b) value applicant would bring to a team, and (c) quality of Application.
Up to two hundred (200) Applicants receiving the highest cumulative scores determined by the Application Panel will be successfully registered to attend the Event during the Promotion Period (“Participants”). Any Applicants that are not successfully registered for the Event (as determined by the Application Panel) will not be eligible to attend this Event. In the event of a tie, tied Applications will be re-judged by a new Application Panel based on the Application Criteria stated above until the tie is broken. If no (or too few) eligible Applications are received, then the Event may be cancelled, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The decisions of the Application Panel are final in all aspects of the Promotion.
All successfully registered Participants will be notified via email. Any alternate Participant determined will also be required to adhere to the terms described herein. Sponsor is not responsible if a Participant does not receive initial notification. If at any time during or after the Submission Period a Participant is not willing or not able to proceed, the Sponsor may disqualify the Participant and determine an alternate Participant (time permitting) in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
5. HOW A PARTICIPANT ENTERS AT THE EVENT: All successfully registered Participants must check in to the Event at approximately 6:00:00 p.m. EST on January 29, 2016. The Sponsor and BrainStation Inc. will announce the pre-determined teams (the “Teams”) that will each work to develop an idea for a solution to promote designated driving (the “Idea”). Detailed instructions and requirements for Idea submission will be provided to all Event attendees at the Event. Teams will further develop their Ideas utilizing Product Management experts, User Experience Design experts, Mobile experts and Marketing experts during the Event. Any Ideas that do not comply with the requirements for Idea submission will be ineligible to win. Limit one (1) Team per Idea and one (1) Idea per Team. Each Participant must only be a part of one (1) Team. Teams will have a minimum of four (4) Participants and a maximum of seven (7) Participants. Teams are determined before the Event and are at the sole discretion of Sponsor and its agencies. Once Teams have been announced by Sponsor and its agencies, Participants will not have the opportunity to join or form another Team. Sponsor and its agencies are not liable for any disputes arising from or related to any disputes between Team members during the Promotion Period.
Each Team will have until 2:30:00 p.m. EST on January 31, 2016 to develop their complete Idea submission and presentation at the Event. The complete Idea submission will include a presentation three (3) minutes to five (5) minutes in length of the Idea developed during the Event (the “Entry”). The Entry must comply with all Entry Requirements, as outlined in these Official Rules. Any Entries completed after Entry Submission Period will not be accepted and be disqualified.
All Entries must be in English and are limited to three (3) minutes to five (5) minutes in length. All Entries must be received during the Entry Submission Period. Limit one (1) Entry per Team. No other forms of Entry are valid. Entry must include a solution to promote designated driving; and, Idea must be an original Idea that has not been previously published or has won another award or that is inspired or derives from any existing concept. See Rule #6 for additional Entry Guidelines. Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to review any Entry for violation of these Official Rules and may, at its sole discretion, disqualify or otherwise exclude an Entry for any reason, including without limitation, if the Entry contains any Prohibited Content (as defined in Rule #7) or any other commentary or material which Sponsor or its agencies, in their sole discretion, deems inappropriate.
6. PROMOTION JUDGING TO DETERMINE THE WINNERS: At approximately 9:15:00 a.m. EST on January 31, 2016, a Sponsor representative will randomly select the order in which each Team will present their Entries. Beginning at approximately 2:31:00 p.m. EST on January 31, 2016, at the Sponsor designated times, Teams must present their Entries in three (3) minutes to five (5) minutes to an independent panel of judges (“Panel”) selected by Sponsor and to all other Participants. The Panel will then have the opportunity to ask the Team questions about the Entry in two (2) minutes or less. A minimum of one (1) Team member must present their Entry to the Panel and be present during the judging portion of the Event.
Once all Teams have presented their Entries, the Panel will complete their judging separately. Entries will be judged by the Panel based on (but not limited to) the following judging criteria (“Judging Criteria”): (a) Quality of Presentation; (b) Originality of Idea; (c) Feasibility and Scalability of Idea; and (d) Sophistication of Work Output during the Event. Judging Criteria will be provided to all Participants on January 30, 2016 at the Event.
The one (1) Entry receiving the highest cumulative score awarded by the Panel will be deemed the Grand Prize Winning Team for the Event. The two (2) next highest scoring Entries will be deemed the Second and Third Prize Winning Teams for the Event, respectively. If no eligible Entries are received, then there will be no winners for the Event. See Rule #8 for prize details. Non-winning Entries will not be eligible to participate in subsequent Sponsor Tackle Impossible Hackathon events. In the event of a tie, tied Entries will be re-judged by a new Panel based on the Judging Criteria stated above until the tie is broken. The decisions of the Panel are final in all aspects of the Promotion. If at any time during the Event (including the judging) a Participant is not willing or not able to proceed, the Sponsor may disqualify the Participant and/or his/her respective Team in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. ENTRY GUIDELINES & PROHIBITED CONTENT: Entries must meet the following requirements:
- You may use sample code, libraries, SDKs, and APIs as long as these technologies are: a) Publicly available and discoverable [for the purpose of the Promotion, this shall mean available on the internet; indexed and reachable through the top three search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo)] and their use is not subject to license or to other parties’ rights; b) easily accessible (i.e., anyone can download or access if signup is required, access must be granted within 3 hours); and c) permitting use for the development in an idea such as the one being submitted in this Event and you include all necessary attribution or information required by the developer of such third party technology when submitting the Idea (“Allowed Technologies”).
- With the exception of the Allowed Technologies, all code included in your Entry must be created by you or another member of your Team during the Entry Submission Period.
- The Entry must be in English.
- Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate.
- Participant grants to Sponsor the full right and power including all moral rights to copy, publish, broadcast, display, distribute, use, edit, translate, alter, combine with other material, reuse and adapt any or all portions of the Entry in any way and for any purpose whatsoever, at any time, now or in the future, in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in any manner whatsoever and for any purpose. Sponsor shall have the full right and power to use, review, assess, test, and analyze your Entry and any related materials in connection with the Event.
- Entry cannot (a) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, reference nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (b) promote the excessive or irresponsible consumption of alcohol, or promote illegal use of alcohol, drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous or any particular political agenda or message; (c) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (d) contain an image of anyone under 19 years of age; (e) otherwise fail to comply with the AGCO Advertising Guidelines as made publicly available at the following online location: http://www.agco.on.ca/pdfs/en/guides/3099_a.pdf or the CRTC Code for Broadcast Advertising of Alcoholic Beverages as made publicly available at the following online location http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/general/codes/alcohol.htm; (f) contain or reference trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (other than Budweiser), without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses; (g) contain copyrighted materials owned by others without permission; (h) contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; (i) refer to or depict any names, logos or readily recognizable features of a retailer of alcohol beverages (such as a grocery store, convenience store, restaurant, bar, or any other retail location that sells alcohol beverages); or (j) depict, and cannot itself be in, violation of any law.
- Each Participant warrants and represents that the Entry: (a) is your Team’s original work, (b) has not been previously published; (c) has not received previous awards; and (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; All Entries are subject to Canada’s Copyright Act and the Copyright Modernization Act (the “Act”).
- Any Participant whose Entry includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the Participant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including Sponsor’s use of such Entry, in a form satisfactory to Sponsor, upon request, prior to award of prize and/or naming of Participant as a winner.
- Entry must not contain any malware, viruses, Trojan horses, worms, bots, spyware or any other computer code that is intended to damage, interfere with, or surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information.
- Any Entry that, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is not in accordance with the guidelines as stated herein or on any of Sponsor’s social media assets or websites, or is deemed to be inappropriate for publication is ineligible.
- Incomplete, illegible, deceptive or garbled Entries are not eligible.
- Any such Participant will indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor from any claims to the contrary.
By submitting an Entry, you agree that your Entry is gratuitous and made without restriction, that it will not place Sponsor under any obligation other than as stated in these Official Rules, that Sponsor is free to publish or otherwise disclose the Ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the Ideas without any additional compensation to you or your Team. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Entry, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you or from this Promotion.
By participating, you acknowledge that your Entry may be posted on any of Sponsor’s social media assets, websites, other advertisements, or third-party websites in Sponsor's sole discretion, and that such Entries are not edited by Sponsor and are the views/opinions of the individual Participant and do not reflect the views of the Sponsor in any manner. By entering, you acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any Entry you submit, even if it has been deemed a winning Participant.
8. PRIZE DETAILS:
Grand Prize [one (1), for up to seven (7) Participants on the Team]: Winning Team Participants will receive $5,000 to be divided equally among the Team, six (6) weeks of mentoring and idea refinement prior to South by Southwest (“SXSW”), and a 4-day/3-night trip for up to seven (7) Participants on the Team to SXSW that will take place in March 2016 in Austin, Texas, USA to present their winning Idea. Trip consists of round-trip coach air transportation to/from Austin, TX, USA (to/from gateway city nearest Participant’s home), double-occupancy hotel accommodations for 3 consecutive nights, ground transfers to/from airport/hotel and admittance to SXSW Interactive, and USD$300 per Participant, awarded in the form of a check. Winning Team will also receive $25,000 to be used to fully develop their Idea, awarded at SXSW. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) is a maximum of CAD$69,963.
Second Prize [one (1), for up to seven (7) Participants on the Team]: Winning Team will receive $2,500 to be divided equally among the Team. ARV is CAD$2,500.
Third Prize [one (1), for up to seven (7) Participants on the Team]: Winning Team will receive $1,000 to be divided equally among the Team. ARV is CAD$1,000.
For Grand Prize: All Participants on the winning Team who are accepting the prize [up to seven (7) total Participants] must travel on the dates specified by Sponsor in March 2016 or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winning Team (time permitting). Winning Participants must comply with all travel requirements, which may include, without limitation, presenting necessary identification (including valid passport or driver’s license) at the time of travel. Travel schedules are subject to change without notice. Winning Participants may be required to provide a credit card at time of hotel check-in. Any costs incurred due to changes to the original itinerary are solely the winning Participants’ responsibility. Travel, accommodations and event dates/locations are at the Sponsor’s discretion and subject to availability and change. In the event winning Participant lives within a 150-mile radius of Austin, TX, USA, round-trip ground transportation will be provided in lieu of air transportation and no additional compensation will be provided for air transportation portion of Grand Prize. Ground transportation (other than stated within these Official Rules), meals, gratuities and all other expenses not specified herein are solely winning Participant’s responsibility. Actual value depends on city/day/time of departure. In the event SXSW in Austin, TX, USA is cancelled or postponed due to circumstances beyond Sponsor’s control, that portion of the prize will not be awarded and no additional compensation will be provided. In the event the winning Participants engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion) is inappropriate or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip early, in whole or in part, and send the winning Participants home with no further compensation to the Grand Prize winning Team.
For all Prizes: Prizes will only be awarded to up to seven (7) Participants of the Team, regardless of whether the Participant presented the Entry to the Panel as long as at least one (1) Participant of Team made the presentation. If winning Team cannot accept prize as specified, prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winning Team (time permitting for Grand Prize). This Promotion is void in Quebec and where prohibited by law and subject to all applicable provincial and local laws and regulations. All applicable taxes are the sole responsibility of winning Participant. Total ARV of all prizes is up to CAD$73,463. The ARV of any prize listed is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules, and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. If the actual purchase price of a prize is less than the ARV stated herein, the winning Participant will NOT be entitled to a check, cash or other form of payment for the price difference. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for dividing the prize among the Team and are not liable for any disputes between Team members arising from the awarding of any prize.
9. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winning Teams will be notified at the Event, at approximately 5:00:00 p.m. EST on January 31, 2016, and must accept the prize at the Event or prize will be forfeited. Each Participant on a winning Team will be required to submit a Declaration of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release, Assignment of Rights (“Declaration”) to a designated Sponsor representative. Winning Participants might be required to complete additional paperwork as requested by the Sponsor and its agencies. Any alternate winning Team determined will also be required to adhere to the terms described herein. Sponsor is not responsible if a potential winning Team does not receive initial prize notification. All Participants of a winning Team must be present at the Event to accept the prize or the Team may be disqualified and the prize will be awarded to the next highest scoring Team (time permitting). Winning Teams may not substitute or transfer prize but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with prizes of equal or greater value.
For Grand Prize Winning Team: All Participants of a winning Team may be subject to a background check. The background check may include (but is not limited to) investigation of criminal, sexual offenses, or other arrest or conviction record, and any other factor deemed relevant by Sponsor, or its representatives, to help ensure that the Grand Prize winning Participants will not pose a safety threat or, in the Sponsor or its representatives sole discretion, bring the Sponsor, or its representatives, into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Sponsor or its representatives. If requested, the Participants of the Grand Prize winning Team agree to sign waiver forms authorizing the release of personal and background information. Sponsor, or its representatives, reserve the right to disqualify any winning Participant if he/she has been charged or convicted of a crime, or in the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor, or its representatives, has engaged in past conduct that may reflect unfavorably on the Promotion, Sponsor or its representatives.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, unintelligible, returned or undelivered Entries, email, or for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, miscommunications, failed computer, network, telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Promotion, or act in violation of the Official Rules, or act in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person, or violate Sponsor’s terms of service, as solely determined by Sponsor or Sponsor’s Representatives, will be disqualified. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by Sponsor. Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in this Promotion, and assumes no responsibility for any errors, omission, deletion, interruption or delay in operation or transmission or communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Promotion data. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all such Entries, and may subject that Participant to disqualification. Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for injury or damage to Participants or any other person’s computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Promotion. Should any portion of Promotion be, in Sponsor’s, or Sponsor’s Representatives, sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, or Sponsor’s Representatives, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Promotion, or submission of Applications and Entries, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s Representatives, reserve the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Promotion, and determine the winners from valid, non-suspect Entries received prior to action taken, or otherwise as may be deemed fair and equitable by the Sponsor, or Sponsor’s Representatives. In the event of a dispute regarding Applications from multiple users having the same email, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to apply will be deemed to be the Applicant, and must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the email address by the ISP or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses. All materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
Applicants/Participants agree (a) that Sponsor, Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., Anomaly, BeMyApp Corporation, BrainStation Inc., VaynerMedia, their parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, wholesale distributors, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for, and are released and shall be held harmless by Participants against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, to persons, including death, or property, or rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, copyright infringement or portrayal in a false light resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize, or travel thereto, or participation in this Promotion or in any Promotion-related activity, and (b) winning Participant, by acceptance of prize, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor (and agrees to confirm such agreement in writing) and those acting pursuant to its authority to use his/her name, biographical information and/or likeness, footage (as defined below), Application/Entry (and assign the Entry, which may be altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone or with other works, as solely determined by Sponsor) for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, at any times or time, in all media now known or hereafter discovered worldwide and on the Internet without notice or review or approval as permitted by law. Participants agree that Sponsor and its agencies may videotape or photograph all aspects of the Event or Grand Prize, including an interviews ("footage") and Sponsor may use this footage in any way they see fit.
11. PUBLICITY: Participants of a Team will retain ownership over the Entry but you will grant to Sponsor an exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, unrestricted, royalty-free, sub-licensable right and license to exploit your Entry in any media now or hereafter known, without any payment or other consideration of any kind, or permission or notification, to you or any third party, for any purpose, including, without limitation, your Entry and any person’s property (physical, personal, and indicia) contained therein. The foregoing grant includes, without limitation, the right to reproduce, alter, amend, broadcast, edit, publish, use, merchandise, license, sublicense, and adapt the Entry in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world, for any purpose, whether commercial in nature or otherwise, including in contexts and circumstances that result in your Entry being associated with the Sponsor. Accordingly, you hereby waive any objection to, such use, distribution, reproduction or display of your Entry, and any claim for compensation whatsoever in connection therewith. Such waiver shall include any claim for infringement of any so-called “Moral Right,” “Droit Moral” or similar right or interest.
13. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winning Participants, hand print your name and complete address on a 3” x 5” card and mail to: Budweiser Tackle Impossible Road Safety Challenge – Toronto Winners, 100 Marcus Drive (Dept. ES), Melville, NY, USA, 11747, for receipt by April 31, 2016.
© 2016 Labatt Brewing Company Limited